Collecting personal information about you
Strawberry and Hearts may collect various types of personal information from you, depending on how you use this website. When ordering or registering, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit site anonymously.
Using your personal information
Strawberry and Hearts may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to process payments,
- to contact you about your order,
- to improve customer service,
- to improve this website,
- to send you occasional emails,
- to run a promotion, contest or survey.
Securing your personal information
- Strawberry and Hearts will take all reasonable measures to ensure the security and privacy of your personal information and to protect it from unauthorized access, usage or alteration.
- Strawberry and Hearts uses Security Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to encrypt sensitive personal information (such as your payment information and geolocation) before it travels over the internet.
Disclosure of your personal information
- Strawberry and Hearts does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
- Strawberry and Hearts may share your personal information with trusted third parties (for purpose of newsletter or survey sending).
- Strawberry and Hearts will not disclose information about you unless the disclosure is required or authorized by law or to protect the rights, property or safety of this website.
Non-personal identification information
Strawberry and Hearts may collect non-personal identification information about users whenever they interact with this website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, IP address, operating system, the time and length of your visit, the pages of the site you visit and other clickstream data.
Some of the links on this website are affiliate links. If you make a purchase using the affiliate link, Strawberry and Hearts will earn a commission. The price you pay will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link.
- Strawberry and Hearts collects your name and email address for the purpose of distributing its newsletter.
- Your name and email address may be shared with trusted third parties (but only for the purpose of newsletter sending).
- You will receive newsletter only if you subscribe for it. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Strawberry and Hearts will not send you any spam.
When you submit a contact form, your IP address, user agent, name, email address, website, and message are submitted to the Akismet service for the sole purpose of spam checking. We will keep contact form submissions for 6 months for customer service purposes, but we won’t use the information submitted through contact form for marketing purposes.
If you upload images to this website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors can download and extract any location data from images on this website.
- If you leave a comment on this website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this website, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select ‘remember me’, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- You may choose to set your web browser to alert you when cookie is being sent or to refuse all cookies. If you do, note that some parts of this website may not function properly.
Embedded content from other websites
- Page view events (and potentially video play events) are sent over to Google Analytics for consumption.
- Purchase from our shop will send Google Analytics the following information: order number, product id and name, product category, total cost, and quantity of items purchased. Some additional events are also sent to Google Analytics: shopping cart additions and removals, product listing views and clicks, product detail views, and purchases.
When sharing content via email, the following information is used: sharing party’s name and email address (if the user is logged in, this information will be pulled directly from their account), IP address (for spam checking), user agent (for spam checking), and email body/content. This content will be sent to Akismet so that a spam check can be performed.
We retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with our services. However, we may also be required to retain this information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce agreements. We generally keep the following data for the following time period:
- Contact form entries: 6 months
- Analytics records: 1 year
- Customer purchase records: 10 years
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. While you visit our store, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed – we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed.
- Location, IP address and browser type – we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information such as your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order.
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints.
- Process payments and prevent fraud.
- Set up your account for our store.
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes.
- Improve our store offerings.
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them.
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses. We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Terms and conditions
Please also read terms and conditions section.