Maid of honor duties include planning the bridal and bachelorette party, helping the bride with wedding preparations, giving a speech at the reception and much more. Don’t worry – we got you covered. Here’s a maid of honor duties checklist.
Before the wedding day
- Host or co-host the bridal shower.
- Plan the bachelorette party.
- Help choose the dresses for the bridesmaids, organize hair appointments, organize makeup appointments, coordinate travel accommodations.
- Attend wedding dress shopping and fittings.
- Assist the bride with planning and preparations for the wedding (search for vendors, choose cake flavors, help address envelopes, write the place cards).
- Attend all pre-wedding events (engagement party, rehearsal dinner, wedding shower).
- Keep track of gifts received at a bridal shower and other pre-wedding parties.
- Provide wedding guests with registry info.
- Listen, help and provide feedback for the bride.
During the wedding day
Before the ceremony
- Dress with the bride and other bridal party members.
- Prepare and bring an emergency kit for the bride.
- Serve as the messenger between the couple.
- Keep the bride calm.
- Guide guests, answer all questions they have about the big day, keep things on schedule.
- Have the contact information from all vendors’ nearby.
- Set the veil and train when the bride arrives to the altar.
- Hold the bouquet during the vow exchange.
- Hold the groom’s ring.
- Sign the wedding certificate along with the best man.
- Enter the reception with the best man.
- Escort the bride to the toilet (most importantly, help her with the dress).
- Make sure the bride eats and drinks!
- Dance with the best man.
- Give a toast after the best man.
- Make sure all of the wedding gifts and cards are safely collected and transported to their final destination.
- Make sure the bride’s wedding dress is properly stored.
This maid of honor duties checklist will definitely help to stay organized!
*Be sure to check Maid Of Honor and Matron Of Honor.