Roses or rondeletias? Poppies or peonies? When it comes to wedding flowers the choices are endless, so it’s very important to find the florist who will understand your vision. Here a list of 35 questions to ask your wedding florist – these are the key questions to ask during your initial consultation to make sure they are the right fit for your wedding celebration.
- Are you available on my wedding date?
- How many other weddings/events will you schedule on the same day?
- Have you worked at my wedding venue before?
- Can you do a venue walk-through before the wedding day?
- Will you personally set up the flowers at the ceremony and the reception or will you send someone from your team?
- How far in advance will you create the floral bouquets/arrangements? How will they be stored?
- Is there a minimum budget you require?
- Are you willing to work within my budget?
- Can you give me some recommendations to maximize my budget?
- What is your pricing? Do you offer specific packages? Do you offer payment plans?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many events/weddings do you do each year?
- Can I see examples of your work?
- How would you describe your style? Modern, organic, traditional, rustic…?
- Can you help me to choose my color scheme?
- Which flowers will suite my wedding style?
- Which flowers will be in season when I marry?
- Can you provide organic or pesticide-free flowers?
- Which flowers can I choose with my budget?
- What types of vases do you suggest? Do I rent them from you?
- What additional decor elements can you provide (candles, votives, trees, mirrors, aisle runner, chuppah…)? Are this rental items?
- Before I sign the contract, can you show me some sample arrangements?
- I want to add flowers to the wedding cake, can you work with my cake designer?
- Based on color scheme and flowers, what color light would you recommend?
- Will you provide instructions on bridal bouquet preservation?
Logistic and payment
- Is there a delivery fee?
- Do you charge extra for the setup/breakdown of the floral decor?
- How much time do you need to setup?
- When will you arrive to set up the ceremony/reception arrangements and to deliver personal flowers?
- Will you move the arrangements from the ceremony to the reception venue?
- How far in advance do I need to order my flowers?
- How much is the deposit?
- When do you need the final payment?
- What type of payment do you take – cash, credit card, check?
- Can I cancel my order? What is your refund policy?
What are your thoughts on 35 questions to ask your wedding florist?
*For wedding invitations, signs, games and other ideas, check out our SHOP!